Market Art Fair is now open for applications!
We are now accepting gallery applications to Market Art Fair 2022, taking place April 28–May 1, once again at Liljevalchs and their extension Liljevalchs+.
Initiated in 2006 by galleries representing the Nordic countries, the fair has become a trusted meeting and market place in the heart of the Nordic art industry. During the fair, selected galleries showcase an exclusive selection of the most interesting art on the Nordic scene, focusing on solo projects as well as carefully curated presentations.
Market Art Fair also features an ambitious programme; Market Talks, collateral events and projects throughout Stockholm, including an extensive VIP Programme for international collectors and art professionals.
Highlights from Market Art Fair 2021
Despite Covid-restrictions still in place during the 2021 edition, the fair welcomed one of its largest ever number of VIP guests from the Nordics and beyond, held two sold out public days and was overwhelmingly positively reviewed by press and visitors. The galleries reported very strong sales, consisting of private as well as institutional collectors. The extended VIP-program was fully booked upon launch and new initiatives such as a dedicated Professionals Breakfast aimed at institutional buyers and a preview reception with lead partner Goldman Sachs proved to be successful for the galleries for sales and connections, and will be further developed in 2022.
Our digital application process makes applying to Market Art Fair quick and easy. To start your application, login at marketartfair.com/applications with your personal login details.
If you do not have login details already, email firstname.lastname@example.org. An account on our website will be created for you and we will provide you with personal login details within 24 hours (during office hours).
We accept applications from 5 October to 10 November, 2021.
Galleries can apply with a solo or duo presentation, or a presentation with more than 2 artists if within an innovative and clearly defined curatorial concept.
All artworks exhibited at Market Art Fair must be original.
The selection of exhibitors is carried out by the Selection Committee. For 2022's edition the Selection Committee consists of:
- Lars Nittve (Chairman), Museum director emeritus (SE)
- Pilvi Kalhama, Director EMMA Espoo Museum of Art (FI)
- Magnus af Petersens, Independent curator (SE)
- Marianne Torp, Chief Curator Contemporary Art SMK (DK)
All galleries eligible to apply must:
- Submit an application with at least one Nordic artist/artist with a strong connection to the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greenland or the Faroe Islands)
- Regularly stage public exhibitions on its own premises.
- Work in close collaboration and arrange exhibitions with living artists, market and sell their artwork and work in accordance with the basic principle of divided risk.
- Be commercial ventures not financed by tax funds.